Joe offers counseling and therapy in his office. He works with adults and is LGBTQ+ affirming. All are welcome here. His priorities are for you to feel comfortable with him and confident that he can help you reach your goals. Joe is competent in addressing the following issues:
- Grief and Loss Recovery (including pet loss)
- Spiritual Concerns (finding personal meaning or inspiration)
- Anxiety, Panic and Fears
- Life Transitions (divorce, breakups, job changes, recent move, finding new friends)
- Substance Abuse Recovery
- Joe will be offering individual meditation instruction, guidance, and support to students in-person and online in early 2018. The approach will be rooted in Joe’s training with Tara Brach and Jack Kornfield, focusing on awareness and compassion-based practices.
- Mindfulness meditation groups (6-8 weeks in duration, offered throughout the year) will begin in early 2018, and will be donation-based. These groups will be limited to 8 students. Each student will also meet individually with Joe twice during the course. Please check back in late November for additional information.
Therapeutic Approach (all treatment is individualized):
- Person-Centered Counseling
- Mindfulness-Based Counseling
- Contemplative Psychotherapy
- Narrative Therapy
- Existential Psychotherapy
Kalyana Mitta Group for Therapists (LPC, LCSW, LCAS, LMFT, Licensed Psychologists): This group will be ongoing and will meet every two weeks for two (2) hours. The intentions of the group are: (1) to provide support for each member’s spiritual growth; (2) identify hindrances to growth; and (3) to cultivate a deeper understanding of Buddhist dharma and teachings from other contemplative traditions. The suggested format of the group is: Meditation > open, mindful sharing > dharma discussion (from book, dharma talk, article, etc.) > group conscience check in > closing meditation. Each group member will serve as facilitator on a rotating/volunteer basis. While each member will more than likely need to miss a group every once in a while, a commitment to regular attendance is important for group development and process. For more information or to sign up, please contact Joe.